Saturday, October 9, 2010

DIY - Another Way To Recycle Soda Bottles

Soda bottles make great candle holders!  I know this idea isn't terribly original or brimming with creativity, but I love these things.  You can use them for everything, from lining your sidewalk for Halloween, or any party or event where you have guests coming up to the front door, you can float them in the pool, you can use them for an outdoor table setting or indoor for that matter.  You can put flowers in them, and so on and so on.  Just take any type of plastic bottle, from a 16 oz. to a 2 liter, and cut it in half.  Then use Bias tape around the edge to finish off the edge.  (Bias tape is used for finishing off a raw edge of fabric when sewing.) You could also use ribbon, I just find the Bias tape easier because it's already folded and you just slip it over the cut edge of the bottle.


Here are the finished candle holders in action.



and they are pretty!  I used yellow Bias tape for these,

1 comment:

  1. I really love that tablescape! so serene!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you. If you have a question and want a faster answer, just email me at renewredo@hotmail.com
Smiles!

Blog Top Sites