Monday, April 2, 2012

Tufted Sofas Are On The Way!

Hello All! thanks for all of your emails on the search for finding a reasonably priced, ivory leather, tufted sofa.  Some of you are pretty darn "search" savvy I must say, and found some great tufted sofas for great prices.  Only problem was, if the sofa was the right size then it didn't come in light leather, and if it came in light leather then it wasn't available in the right size.  Isn't that always the way?  So anyway, in the end we ordered the Ivory leather 102" sofa, that I mentioned in my last post.  Only 8 long weeks until they arrive!  Here is the sofa we decided to go with.


Can't wait to see it in person!  Well I should say, can't wait to see "them" in person, because there are two of these pretty puppies on the way.  In the meantime, here is a sneak peek of the room they will be going in. This is the "before" shot.



It's a great big ole room!  22' x 22'.  Everything will be changing except for the carpet and the wall color.  Here is a computer generated version of how we plan on arranging the room.  The homeowner (Swarna) likes a very minimalist feel, so there won't be a lot of fluff going on.  By fluff, I mean accessories and such.  The color scheme will be gold, gray and ivory.  The color in the picture below isn't exact, but you get the idea.  We haven't actually decided on tables or lamps yet either.  Swarna likes things to be unique and different, so we will be hitting the fleamarkets and everywhere else we can think of, to see what we can come up with.




Have any of you used the software "Home Designer"  It's neat for creating a room to scale, and having a pretty good feel for how everything will fit and look when the room is done.  Plus it's just fun to play with.  You can do a lot with the software, like import your own images for fabric and paint color.   The software is limited in your furniture choices though, if you are going for an exact match. There might be a way to import images of furniture, but I haven't figured that out yet if there is.   Plan3d is another really good program I use often too. 

More to come soon!
Smiles!
~Renew Redo~

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the advice on the software yay:) The only hesitation I have is the whole not painting the walls. Since you have a definite color scheme I would like to see either an ivory on the walls or that grey you're using. It's hard cause you're going from earth tone colors to fresher colors I know and I'm sure the carpet can't be changed, but I think she will be the happiest if those things are changed as well at least the wall color and later when she wants to the carpet (it can be ignored for now). Oh other than that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea! I just worry that it will feel like "old stuff" being made to work with new stuff if those things aren't changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I hear ya, but sometime it's just in the cards that you have to work with some of the old stuff. : ) Bringing in new "stuff" does wonders for making the old "stuff" look fresh and updated. But you know that already. : )

      Smiles!
      Sammy ~ Renew Redo

      Delete
  2. I am looking for a tufted sofa as well (reasonably priced). Where did you get yours from & how much did it cost. Right now we are looking at the Martha Stewart Saybridge sofa. But I would definitely like something in leather.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you. If you have a question and want a faster answer, just email me at renewredo@hotmail.com
Smiles!

Blog Top Sites