Thursday, October 28, 2010

DIY - Seashell Arrangement

My favorite types of DIY projects are ones that are easy enough that anyone can do them.  This is just that type of DIY project. 



Flower arrangement without the flowers + seashells = Seashell arrangement.  I love seashells and have them all over the house in different ways.  Most of the time they are just in bowls or glass jars or around the base of my plants, but that can get boring.  This is one of my favorite ways to display my shells and it's super easy to do.




First you need a bunch of small sized seashells, and a bag of wooden sticks like you use for Shish Kabobs.  Then place a wooden stick into the opening of each shell. You can use a dab of glue on the end of the sticks for a secure hold.  Once you have you shell sticks ready, fill a glass vase with sand and insert the sticks in a staggered fashion, just like you would flowers. 






Sometimes I use coffee beans and moss as well, any filler will do as long as it is heavy enough to keep the shells for falling over.




Smiles!

~Renew Redo~

1 comment:

  1. this is such a great idea! I live at the beach and have alot of shells, I need to do this, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you. If you have a question and want a faster answer, just email me at renewredo@hotmail.com
Smiles!

Blog Top Sites