Monday, November 15, 2010

DIY Hutch +

My latest DIY.  Starting with a cupboard and a bookcase,



Put them together,


1st - I removed the bottom shelf from the bookcase.  This is important so the bookcase will look like a hutch when sat atop another piece of furniture.



Take off all the hardware and give a fresh coat of paint.  I used Silver spray paint on these pulls


I added moulding around the bottom of the cupboard to update the look from country to more traditional.


I used the same moulding around the bottom of the bookcase to tie the two pieces together,





I painted all of the moulding and the outside "Smokey Slate" by Valspar, and painted the inside white,






Vertical storage!  DIY Space Saver!!

Smiles!

~Renew Redo~

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I never would have thought of it. Such a great idea. This one is definitely going into the inspiration files. Thanks for sharing!

    Best,
    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out beautiful....love the color too!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you. If you have a question and want a faster answer, just email me at renewredo@hotmail.com
Smiles!

Blog Top Sites