Tuesday, May 3, 2011

End Table Update

Hello all! 

I am finally getting back to all my projects! YAY!  I have tons of things that need redoing over the next few weeks.  Why? You ask.  I have a challenge job to do.  I have a friend/client who is moving into a new place at the end of May.  She is starting from scratch with furnishing and wants me to do her living room AND dining room on.... wait for it.... a $500 budget!  Think I can do it?  You bet your sweet booty I can!  I have already found lots of great pieces that will work in her space, but, they all are going to need a lot of renewing and redoing!  So let's get started.

First up, I already had two oval end tables that I found a couple of months ago at a yard sale.  Here they were when I first bought them.
Can you say UGGLLLYYY,  I repainted them when I first found them with a distressed sort of blue/grey painted finish.


But to make these puppies work in their soon to be new home, they need some more work.  So...  I took off the hardware and added a small piece of dental moulding to cover up the curvy design at the bottom of the drawer.


Then I painted the hardware silver. 


I also repainted both tables to a lighter color and did away with the distressed finish.  The new paint color has a little more green in it.  It's kind of hard to tell in the picture

and the finished look.....


Don't they look better?!  These tables cost me $15 for the set.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to see you here again! :) I love the end tables :) Lucky friend to have you as a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I did both my rooms in under $500 excluding the couch. I believe you can do it :) Especially when you're willing to repurpose and fix up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to get 1 sofa, 2 chairs, 1 coffee table, 2 end tables, 1 dining table, 4-6 dining seats, buffet, tv stand, accessories, fabric, and wall art.....out of my $500 budget. We shall see. I always find the budget busters to be things like area rugs and fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a busy girl! I can't wait to see the completed room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like these tables, and you show how simple it is to take something well used and make it totally different and beautiful again! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you. If you have a question and want a faster answer, just email me at renewredo@hotmail.com
Smiles!

Blog Top Sites