Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Black Shades

What sort of things catch your attention when you are looking at a room?  For me it's a lot of things really, but, one thing that always catches my attention is a black lamp shade!  I love how they look in most any room.  I don't  know, I think it's because they add just a bit of sophistication.









I LOVE this room below.  But I'm a sucker for earth tones, with an organic feel.






I've just realized I don't have one single black lamp shade in my whole house!  How can that be. I have black lamps, as in, the base, but no shades.  I'll have to change that!  What do you think?  Do you like black shades, as much as I do?  Do you have any?  Are you gonna get some?  What's the deal-e-yo!


4 comments:

  1. Since you asked what do we see in the pictures I realized that I noticed mostly the fabrics in the picture. I was like ooh fur, oooh soft velvet. I'm not sure I like black as a neutral that much...although I do like zebra prints in black and white. Lamp shades are a hard one for me. Sometimes I think oh I could put a nice fabric on this or this or that...and then I just can't....I worry it be too much. I guess I should just do it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about lamp shades made me wonder if they can be spray painted and lo and behold they can---http://thisthriftyhouse.blogspot.com/2011/01/spray-painted-lamp-shades.html

    :) Glad someone else has already tried it before me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah you can! You can paint them, cover them in fabric, contact paper, lace, you name it, you can pretty much do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a table lamp with a black shade. And you are right, they add so much sophistication in a room.

    Gorgeous images!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you. If you have a question and want a faster answer, just email me at renewredo@hotmail.com
Smiles!

Blog Top Sites