Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Yellow and Green, Blue and Yellow, Silver and Gold, Velvet and Linen ~ Decisions Decisions!

Hmmm, still playing around in the bedroom, and I can't make up my mind.  Yellow and green... or yellow and blue... or all neutrals... sometimes too many options is a bad thing!!  I've been in a playful mood, color wise, around my house, you may have noticed that over the last few posts.  Here's more on what I've been up to.  First off, a whole lot of linen, and velvet.  A wall and a half of white linen drapes.


A ruffled velvet bed cover and pillow cases ("how to" coming soon).  It's kind of fancy, but in a casual way.  Like me ~ HA!  Oh, and another thing on my "to do" list, is getting rid of the yellow brass strips on the glass fireplace doors.  Well, not getting rid of them, just making them black.


So what do you think of my big green and yellow bubble artwork, for a little fun?  It doesn't look it's best in the above photo, here's a close up so you can see it better.  Fun right!  I've been in the mood for pops of color!



I did have a blue picture of the ocean, from one of our vacations, there before.  You can see it peeking in the corner of this photo.



Here's a better shot of that.



Then I think well wait... what about all neutrals?  Which usually is my favorite look...



Can you feel my pain?  So what do you guys think?  Maybe I'll fold to peer pressure, probably not, but maybe...

Smiles!
~Renew Redo~

11 comments:

  1. I love your bedspread. It is gorgeous with all those soft ruffles and the color is beautiful. I can't wait to read your tutorial.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this ruffled bed cover-Amazing- you are amazing!
    Everything you do is classy and doesn't look DIY.
    I look forward to your blog in my "inbox!" Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Dirose! What a super nice thing to say! Thanks for taking the time to tell me that. :) Smiling now!

      Smiles!
      Sammy- Renew Redo

      Delete
  3. I think you just need to accept who you are be OK with it :-p Leave the color up if you want....you'll learn quickly whether you hate it and just want to go back to your neutrals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you're too funny, I think the problem is.... I know I'm a girl who likes it all! Lol

      Delete
  4. You already know me...I LOVE to see my favorite colors around in my space :)It makes me happy and prefer it a whole lot more to just seeing any neutral. Although I do have my own balance...I don't like everything to be in color either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll forever go back and forth on color/decor schemes. The one that has helped me with our mini-renovation in the kitchen is that I made a moodboard so whenever I feel myself veering from that I look at it again and remember why I made it (of course I wouldn't want to stifle creativity - just find that I can change my mind all the time and nearly always come back to where I started!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi i am teresa i love your spread it is just what i want too lol can not wait for the how to

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi well right now i am burlap crazy in my liveing room and kitchen lol so i will be needing a how to soon !!!!!!!!!!!! thank you . you do awesome work ,i saw this spread on a website for over a thouand dollars no lye and your looks as good if not better and you can still afford your home ha ha .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your comforter. It's quite beautiful, and I really enjoy the duvet you showed us in this post. I appreciate you sharing it. The Big Little Duvet Company Coupons

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you. If you have a question and want a faster answer, just email me at renewredo@hotmail.com
Smiles!

Blog Top Sites