Monday, October 15, 2012

High Gloss Red! Repurposed Dining Table

Ready for another redo?  Hope so!  I found this bamboo table base at the thrift store.  It's a dining table base, but I thought it would look great as a console table, and.... bright red!


Here it was..



And now... here it is!




The bottom of this table would be perfect for adding a shelve.





I'm on the look-out for a slightly larger glass top, the one I have is just a smidge too small, or I may even do something completely different for the top... haven't decided yet.  I'll keep you posted!  But, she works just fine for now.

Smiles!
Sammy,
~Renew Redo~


9 comments:

  1. Do you brush your paint or spray?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Candy!
      This is Valspar spray paint! Gloss

      Smiles!
      Sammy ~ Renew Redo

      Delete
  2. Gloss red looks fantastic on the bamboo. May I please ask what kind of preperation was needed - sanding, priming etc? Thank you. Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina, these days I spray pretty much everything I paint with Deglosser. You can pick it up at Lowe's. I pour it in a spray bottle, spray whatever I'm painting down, then wipe it off, wait for an hour and paint. It's been working like a charm! : )

      Smiles!
      Sammy ~ Renew Redo

      Delete
  3. UGH! I just love your style and your house....that table is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you decorate and that table looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! So cool! What's the name of the red Valspar you used. Thanks.
    I picked out a read for a sofa table and it turned out a pinkish tomato soup color. Needless to say I have to do the table over. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish i could BUY a table, just like the one you DIYed!!! Yup, i would PAY $ for one!
    Also,love the lamps...may i ask where you purchased them?
    Regards,
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also impressed with the red bamboo table base. You obviously have great taste with a good eye. Is the paint color called "Gloss Red?" Did it come from Lowes?
    Thanks much

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you. If you have a question and want a faster answer, just email me at renewredo@hotmail.com
Smiles!

Blog Top Sites