Sunday, November 25, 2012

Reader Redesign Suggestions #1

Here is a little something different.  One of my readers (HI ROZ!) is redoing her home, and asked if I had any suggestions on what to do.  BOY DO I EVER!  I love dreaming up room designs!  Poor Roz had her "inbox" flooded with my suggestions.  I get a little excited and over zealous about this kind of thing.  So want to see what I'm talking about?  Check it out...

Here is one of the rooms she is redoing.  It's her front "lounge" area.  She was open to suggestions and was wanting to add a place to sit and do some work in the room.  (The sofa stays.)


the other direction



So here is what I came up with.   The layout.



 (I couldn't match the sofa style exactly with my computer program, but close enough... it's to scale though)
Ok, so on to the color suggestions with a red sofa.
Here is the before again


The homeowner is thinking about installing a gray plank floor throughout the house, so I went ahead and added that look to the pictures.  If you've been following this blog for long you probably already know that I love all neutrals with pops of color.... so that's what I started with.



other direction



Option #1 (Above) ~Neutrals with pops of color.  "Blue Haze" by Behr for the wall color, then I'd add a cube coffee table (could use 2), a sofa table and chair for a work area (could use a small desk too), and two ottomans.  For artwork... the homeowners have a koi pond in their backyard.  Thought it would be fun to blow up photos of the fish and use that as artwork for great color.  I found some budget friendly options for the sofa table and cube ottoman at Ikea, and you could pick up a sisal rug from overstock.com.  Or you could just hit the thrift stores and DIY a few things.


I'd probably paint the sofa table, but the wood finish would work too.


Then there's Option #2  ~  Using all the same things but adding a little more color and warming things up just a bit, through the addition of green.  Just change the cream ottomans and pillows to green.


other direction



And finally Option #3 (Below) ~ Something slightly more masculine by changing out the white curtains and pillows for a creamy color, and using dark gray on the ottomans.  The colors in all 3 options would work together so you could always mix and match too.


other direction



I would take the curtains all the way up to the ceiling, remove the cornice box, and bring the curtains out past the sides of the window a bit, to make the windows appear even wider.  


Wouldn't something like this make great art?!


Well I could go on and on and on and on with this so I'm going to force myself to stop there for now on this room.  But guess what!!  There are more rooms!! Stay tuned.



The best part... at the end of the day this could be a very inexpensive makeover.

Smiles!
Sammy,
 ~ Renew Redo~




6 comments:

  1. WOW, looks great! I love the first choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julia! I think that's my favorite too! : )


      Smiles!
      Sammy ~ Renew Redo

      Delete
  2. loved them all . what a difference . I think my favorites are options 2 and 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job...what program did you use to lay out the furniture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taylor! I used Plan3D. You can download the program online. It's a great program. You can build rooms for the ground up. : )

      Smiles!
      Sammy ~ Renew Redo

      Delete
  4. I like options 2 & 5. You are very talented so whichever one you do will be awesome. I just can't wait to see it:-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you. If you have a question and want a faster answer, just email me at renewredo@hotmail.com
Smiles!

Blog Top Sites