Thursday, November 15, 2012

Table Lamp Turned Wall Sconce

Ahhh starting to feel human again, after being down and out with one heck of a cold.  One of those colds where your brain doesn't feel sick, like you still want to get up and do stuff, but your body didn't get the memo.  Have you ever had one of those?  Weird!   Thanks for the well wishes!

So... outdated table lamps...

What can you do with two outdated table lamps?   



Turn them into sconces.  They look better as sconces don't ya think?




The arms turn.




and the bottom has a slight lip, perfect for hanging on a screw.



I sprayed them gold, and added black shades.  Lowe's sells plastic cord covers. 


 Perfect for hiding the cord and making them look as though they were meant to be sconces.  Sprayed those gold too.





Well there ya go.   Two more crappy lamps saved from the dump! Amazing, I know!  Turning a light... into... a light! ~ HA


Smiles!
Sammy,
~Renew Redo~


4 comments:

  1. GET the heck out - what??? You are amazing! I would have never thought to do that - they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Kelli, when I looked at your comment the first thing that popped in my mind was SHUT the front door! lol don't know why... just thought I'd share. lol

      Smiles!
      Sammy ~ Renew Redo

      Delete
  2. Glad you are feeling better but it still looks as tho you were still being awesome while under the weather.
    OK. What gold paint did you use? It doesn't look shiney or cheezy like some of those gold paints. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously - you're a genius. I'm so jealous of those sconces and your genius....On another note, you took your picture down! I loved your picture!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you. If you have a question and want a faster answer, just email me at renewredo@hotmail.com
Smiles!

Blog Top Sites