Thursday, January 8, 2015

Eat-In Kitchen In Progress!~

I found these two... I'll just call them storage chests, about a year ago.  They were brown and grungy looking when I found them at a thrift store and had been sitting in my garage ever since.  I had originally thought they would work well in a mud room or entryway, with a cushion on top, as a place to sit and put on/remove shoes, and for extra storage.  But.... here they are now, after a good clean and a fresh coat of white paint, in my eat-in kitchen, serving as more of a buffet and extra storage.












I have a habit of sticking plants in everything... like the brass teapot and creamer, filled with Jade plants.  A mercury glass something or other, filled with succulents.  Then of course, my little coffee mug filled with an Aloe plant.










More pictures soon, from the other direction, once the artwork goes up!

Smiles!
Sammy,
~Renew Redo!~




5 comments:

  1. Hey! This is Sandy! I like the buffets! I have had a lot of my plants now for five years or more and some of them this year are not doing as well. We are having very dry cold weather right now so I think that might be the reason for some of my plants that need more humidity. However, my Gardenia is still as pretty as ever. I wonder if it is because it is one of my younger plants--only three years old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Sandy!!!!! I've missed ya. Hey, maybe try a spray bottle of water and mist your plants everyday and sit them on a tray of pebbles and water. I live in Florida (u know this) but I still do that for all all my indoor plants that need high humidity. :)

      Smiles!
      Sammy

      Delete
  2. Sandy Here again!

    Yeah I used to do that every day in the winter, but I have been busy and it just isn't one of my top priorities on the list. I know it is easy to say that and it would only take a moment, but I just get bogged down with so many things. Fortunately, my money plant is going strong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the cozy ,warm ,inviting room you have created!!
    swarna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the only one I know who makes mismatched lamps look good. Wish I had that talent. Instead, I endlessly search for pairs of brass lamps hoping to strike 'gold.' Good work!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you. If you have a question and want a faster answer, just email me at renewredo@hotmail.com
Smiles!

Blog Top Sites